Description & Input

If it fits amazing, caught my eye, is delicious, improves my well-being, saves me money, is useful or I just love and obsess over it I want you to know about it and reap the benefits, too. My musings may just help improve your quality of life!







Thursday, March 15, 2012

Not Ready For Swimsuit Season...NO PROBLEM!

Sure, it's a bit early to be worried about getting into swimsuits, but with the warm weather I've found myself having this conversation several times already.  On the upside, there is time to get it together and work on getting your body in "shape".  While it doesn't hurt to work out, nobody is perfect though, and like me, maybe you're realizing that your body just isn't as cooperative at 35+ as it was at 29.  That being the case, I've found the perfect solution.

I've always been a two piece girl.  Maybe it's because that's what my mom always put me in when I was little, but mostly it's two reasons of my own.  My superficial reason is I've never had a white tummy and I just can't bring myself to start having one now.  My fit reason is my torso is REALLY long so one piece swimsuits don't fit...if you know what I mean ;o).  For the last couple years I have toyed with the idea of getting a tankini (tank top fitting top with a bikini bottom) since I find myself playing with more and more kids on the beach and boating.  I have yet to go that route but I came across one in my Sundance Catalog recently that really caught my eye.  Their Ipanema Mosaic Tankini has all the details I consider slimming.  The bikini bottoms are cut right across the hip, solid brown with patterned top band that distracts from unwanted attention to the abdomen, and wide 5" or so long patterned ties that hang against the thighs creating the illusion of long toned legs.  The tankini top is your basic slight v-neck tank silhouette bringing the right amount of attention to the bust line but, it's the print that is the real WOW factor.  It's a beautiful mosaic that creates curves and distraction without looking busy and loud.  This tankini is a real head turner.  It's striking and flattering in every way possible and more.  I may just breakdown and get it because I like it so much...and since the top is a tank I can pull it up under my bust for tummy tanning :o).

Just my own personal FYI, since I'm giving my two cents about what makes a swimsuit flattering, unless you are ultra tan and/or have the perfect body, black (whether it's a one or two piece) is NOT the way to go.  On pale skin it's the worst but on any body it practically disappears and makes all your skin stand out.  Prints are best.  Side ties that hang against the thigh are a must in my book.  And finally, believe it or not, browns, whites, oranges, and greens are the most flattering colors on everyone.  Tan or pale, these colors complement any skin tone.

Now, get ready to hit the beach...and don't forget your SUNSCREEN!

3 comments:

  1. Bought it! I'm all set to play with all the little kids in my life WITHOUT any "wardrobe" malfunctions. Can't wait!

    Also, thanks Sundance for giving me free shipping because I blogged about this tankini! Word to all, it never hurts to call and ask for a discount or free shipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all set to buy this piece of art ... then I saw your comment. Can't sit side by side in the same bathing suits! Damn!

      Delete