Description & Input

If it fits amazing, caught my eye, is delicious, improves my well-being, saves me money, is useful or I just love and obsess over it I want you to know about it and reap the benefits, too. My musings may just help improve your quality of life!







Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Dilema

I'm sitting here watching the Bears Game featuring yet another un-stellar performance by Jay Cutler that is unfortunately not going to end in a win regardless of how his team members try to carry him.  Kris and I have both detached from the disappointment on the screen and begun playing with our cell phones.  I'm answering emails and Kris is, believe it or not, checking out my latest blog.  Then he asks me "what are you going to blog about today" and I reply I don't know and ask for a suggestion. His reply...shoes.  In the words of TLC, "what a man, what a man, what a really good man!"

Great idea.  Problematic idea as well.  See, this is the time of year I try to extend my flip flop/sandal wearing as long as possible...like literally until the first snow fall.  Then, until the snow disappears, I wear my Uggs religiously.  Although these forms of footwear are fashionable and popular, they tend to limit my outfit choices.  I don't own any "regular" shoes.  I have great dress shoes and functional gym shoes but nothing I can just wear with a nice casual outfit (jeans, t-shirt, sweater) and feel regular and not too dressy.

The shoe department is where I fall flat on my face.  I see tons of shoes in magazines and catalogs that look amazing with the outfits on the models but they have 3" heels or chunky wedges or just go with whatever the model is wearing for wherever it is she's supposed to be going...which is not anywhere I'll find myself going to anytime soon, if ever.  I know I should go to a department store or DSW in my favorite jeans and a mid-weight jacket and try and try and try on shoes but that's not the way I work.  To me, shopping is stressful.  I get overwhelmed.  I see it, I like it, I buy it (or obsess over it).  My Dad has proclaimed me the best power shopper ever and I have to agree.  I can get myself and others in and out of a mall with everything we intended to get within an hour.  BUT I CAN'T FIND REGULAR SHOES FOR FALL AND WINTER!
I NEED your help!  Please, if you haven't joined as a member of my blog please, please, please do so.  This is the only way you can comment on my blogs and I really need your comments and input right now as my toes are getting a bit nippy.  For those of you who are following my blog via e-mail, that is great.  I follow that way as well because I like to get my musings in my inbox in the morning.  However, e-mail followers cannot add comments.  To become a member, you need to have a Gmail account (or flicker or maybe yahoo).  Just above the pictures of current members (followers) there is a box with a Google "g" followed by "Join this site".  Please click this box and you will be asked for you Gmail/yahoo email and password.  Once you've become a member follower you will be able to leave comments and hopefully have me in Fall and Winter appropriate shoes by mid-October.

Thank you for all your help.  I'm so eager to read your comments and suggestions!  Some ads will pop up in boxes on the right and left pertaining to shoes as well.  I encourage you to click on them for additional suggestions.

5 comments:

  1. I still love Steve Madden and Madden Girl flats. Check out endless.com - always free shipping and tons of options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you hate wearing socks as much as I do. Enter, the slingback or mule. I wear my uggs barefoot to work all winter and then slide the shoe on without socks. Thankfully we both work indoors. :) Get a kitten heel and they're great with jeans too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. I almost forgot. Try this...
    http://www.shoemetro.com/nsearch.aspx?Category=Womens&Subcategory1=Heels+Pumps&Subcategory2=Mules+Slides

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great ideas! Thanks and keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete