Description & Input

If it fits amazing, caught my eye, is delicious, improves my well-being, saves me money, is useful or I just love and obsess over it I want you to know about it and reap the benefits, too. My musings may just help improve your quality of life!







Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Kindle The Great...& Free Books!

My sister, Rachel got me a Kindle last year when the Wi-Fi & 3G ones first came out.  Lets just get this out of the way, I LOVE IT!  I read a lot and I travel a lot.  It used to be I would panic when I was getting to the end of a book at work because if I didn't have a back up ready to go I would be bored to tears (yes, there are times when I hardly have anything to do).  Those worries are behind me now that I can just download another instantly.  My Kindle is also a dream to travel with since, as many know, I am a ridiculously light packer.  I even only carried on when I went to Sydney, AUS for 10 days this past July.  Which leads me to yet another bonus of having my Kindle Wi-Fi & 3G version.  There is no monthly charge for the Wi-Fi or 3G with the Kindle.  Of course, connecting to someone's Wi-Fi often does have a charge but 3G is always free.  I was able to stay connected, even overseas, via email and Facebook, even surf the web, thanks to my Kindle's 3G capabilities.

Here's where the free books come in.  While there are tons of free books available in the Kindle store, they're not the latest and greatest (well some are classics), but in the next couple weeks you'll be able to "check out" books from the library for 14 days on your Kindle.  All you need is a library card and pin number to your local participating library.  Check here to see if your library is Kindle ready http://search.overdrive.com/ .  I already have holds placed on a couple books!

So if you don't have a Kindle (or other e-reader) there's no better time than now to get one.


And get one of these great covers http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JXVOEA?ie=UTF8&tag=thepromus-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B004JXVOEA(with or without a light) to protect you Kindle and give it even more of a "book" feel. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZ167A?ie=UTF8&tag=thepromus-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B003DZ167A

No comments:

Post a Comment