Description & Input

If it fits amazing, caught my eye, is delicious, improves my well-being, saves me money, is useful or I just love and obsess over it I want you to know about it and reap the benefits, too. My musings may just help improve your quality of life!







Thursday, September 15, 2011

Throwback Mask At A Throwback Price

Do you remember this mask, Queen Helene's Grape Seed Extract Peel Off Masque  http://search.ulta.com/review/prod5023084/Peel%20Off%20Masque ?  In the 90's it was one of those products you could go to the grocery store or drug store and buy off the shelf with your own babysitting money.  It was inexpensive and it worked.  Well, a few months ago it popped into my mind and I remembered how fun it was peeling it off and how soft my skin felt afterwards.  I became obsessed with finding it and searched everywhere, Jewel, CVS, Walgreens, and more.  It was nowhere to be found.  I even enlisted the help of my sister, Rachel, on the West Coast and my best friend, Christina, on the East Coast.  Both of them remembered the mask fondly but neither came across it.

Fast forward a couple months, I'm visiting Rachel in Seattle and we hit the local Ulta Beauty store http://www.ulta.com/ for some supplies.  Low and behold, there it was right in front of me, looking exactly the same as when I was a teen!  And for the low low price of $3.99!  I don't remember what it cost in the 90's but $3.99 is a steal as far as I'm conserned.

Yes, I bought it.  Yes, I use it weekly.  Yes, it's still super fun to peel off all in one piece.  And most importantly, yes, it still clears my face of "debris" and makes it feel fresh and soft!

FYI, if you spend $50 (sometimes it's $25) or more online at Ulta http://www.ulta.com/ shipping is free!

No comments:

Post a Comment